- Contact our MNGR adoption group, Jen at 651-245-8791 or Lloyd at 651-245-2861, for the Twin Cities area, or Kelly at 507-272-3467 for the Rochester area.
- Contact the Lost Hound Network (Kari at 612-310-0765).
- Contact local police and inform them that you’ve lost your greyhound and that you’ll be putting up flyers to search for him/her. Also indicate that as soon as the dog is found, they will be taken down.
- Post on the Greytalk AMBER alert www.greytalk.com
- Post to Greyhound Mom’s and Dad’s on Facebook, HERE, they are a local Twin Cities group of greyhound owners.
- Contact local and surrounding dog officer/animal controls, local humane societies, local vet clinics, and animal emergency hospitals.
- Use our Lost Dog Template to create a poster for your missing greyhound. Make sure the contact number is one where you can be reached immediately 24/7.
- Have at least 500 posters printed on bright paper to be posted
- Charge your cell phone and have your emergency contact phone on your person at all times. Make sure your outgoing message provides instructions on what information to leave and another number to call, if possible, in the event that you miss the call.
- If you live near a highway, contact local state highway patrol.
- Ask the post office if they will post the information and communicate said information to the local mail carriers in your area.
- Print a map of your city / town and make copies for your volunteers so they know where to look and to post flyers.
- Ask local businesses, including gas stations, to post flyers.
- Ask the local school(s) to make an announcement.
Lost Dog Recovery Kit
- Large flashlight
- Can of wet, smelly food or tuna and smelly treats & food bowls
- Cell phone or walkie-talkies thats’s fully charged
- Staple guns with extra staples
- Duct tape
- Extra leash, collar and harness
- Proper weather gear for you and your hound
- Reflective wear for human and greys
- Glow stick
- Map of town and highlighter or GPS
- Pens & paper
- Clip board, paper
- Small pocket mirror for spooky hounds with whom you can’t make eye contact
- Clear tape for business windows
- Change of socks & shoes
- Bug spray
- Small first aid kit
- Extra batteries for flashlight
- Car charger for cell phone